Tips for preparing your home to sell quickly
Posted by Bobbi Higgs on Monday, March 1st, 2010 at 7:16pm.
In this article I'll share my insights into how to prepare your home to sell quickly and for top dollar.
From experience, REALTORS® know that a "well-polished" house appeals to more buyers and will sell faster and for a higher price. Additionally, buyers feel more comfortable purchasing a well-cared for home because if what they can see is maintained, what they can't see has probably also been maintained. In readying your house for sale, consider:
- Clean, clean, clean! Remove clutter & personal items.
- Removing the less frequently used, even daily used items from kitchen counters, closets, and attics, making these areas much more inviting.
- If necessary, repainting dingy, soiled or strongly colored walls with a neutral shade of paint.
- Repair cracks, holes or damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
- Replace broken or cracked windowpanes, moldings, and other woodwork.
- Sprucing up a kitchen in need of more major remodeling by investing in new cabinet knobs, new curtains, or a coat of neutral paint.
- Remove any chipping or peeling paint and repaint those surfaces. (This is more important than you can imagine)!
For advice on your specific home send me, Bobbi Higgs an email or call 620-353-8218
Bobbi Higgs is a licensed REALTOR working with Faulkner Real Estate in Ulysses, Kansas. She specializes in residential sales. Bobbi is a member of the National Association of REALTORs, the Kansas Association of REALTORs and the Southwest Board of REALTORs.